MAC MILLER DIES FROM OVERDOSE ALLEGEDLY
A young and promising rapper, only 26 years old, Mac Miller dies from an overdose.
Miller had been publicly struggling with drug and alcohol abuse throughout his career. He had a public DUI arrest in May of this 2018.
The rapper was open about his addiction issues in the past. He admitted to being dependant on lean — a combination of codeine and promethazine — extensively. After a years-long period of sobriety, he began to drink again.
Miller was found at his home in San Fernando Valley, California, around noon on Friday and was pronounced dead at the scene, the outlet reported.
Miller had been in a long-term relationship with Ariana Grande, which ended this past May. Shortly after his car accident and arrest that same month, Grande tweeted “pls take care of yourself.”
When discussing their breakup, Grande made it clear addiction was part of the reason for their split. “I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be,” she wrote on Twitter. “I have cared for him and tried to support his sobriety and prayed for his balance for years (and always will of course) but shaming/blaming women for a man’s inability to keep his s— together is a very major problem.”
Miller was stil fulfilling his career looking to go on tour. On Thursday he tweeted, “I just wanna go on tour”.
TMZ, was told authorities were alerted by a male friend who placed a 911 call from Mac’s home. The emergency dispatch audio reveals first responders were called for a patient in cardiac arrest.
Esquire reports, Miller had just released his fifth studio album, Swimming, a month earlier and debuted at number three on the Billboard 200. His debut studio album in 2011 hit the charts at number one. This marked the first indie album to debut at number one since 1995.
Many artist were left with memories of the singer as he was unfluential to most.