The blaze, which officials dubbed the “Highland Fire,” broke out Monday afternoon in the Aguanga area near the intersection of Highlands and Aguanga Ranchos roads. The area is located about 20 miles east of Temecula, near the San Diego County line.
The latest update provided by fire officials Saturday morning said the fire scorched to 2,487 acres and was 70% contained. Evacuation orders have been downgraded to warnings, except in the fire perimeter area.
“It’s just devastating when you see what’s going on,” he said. “I just feel bad for these people.”
Find additional information about the fire below.
- North of Riverside/San Diego County Line
- East of Crosley Truck Trail
- South of Cottonwood School
- West of Sorenson Road
- North of Cottonwood School Road
- East of Becker Lane
- South of Wilson Valley Road
- West of Wildwood LaneNorth of Riverside/San Diego County Line
- East of Vail Lake
- South of Wilson Valley Road extending west to Vail Lake
- West of Crosley Truck Trail
A care and reception center has opened up at the Great Oak High School on Deer Hollow Way in Temecula. A shelter has also opened for large animals on South Grand Avenue in San Jacinto.