As we recover from the ramifications of a global pandemic and slowly assimilate to a “new normal” now more than ever, our mental health is a priority. That’s why for World Mental Health Awareness Day, I’m here to share some practical tips, tools, and resources to help you take care of yourself and prioritize your mental health so that you can live your very best life!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Princess-India, “The Woke Therapist,” is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Best Selling Author, & Youtube Personality. She is the creator of Tarot Therapy® and aims to use her content & services to educate, heal, and inspire. She is also the owner of The Sanctuary Sister Circle (an online spiritual community) and Soul Culture Counseling & Healing Lounge, where she provides virtual therapy, coaching, & Tarot Therapy® sessions.
Youtube: /thewoketherapist (Tarot Therapy by The Woke Therapist)
email: [email protected]
True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Pete Davidson On Being Diagnosed With Borderline Personality Disorder
1 of 13
Source:Radio One Digital
2 of 13
3. Chrissy Teigen
3 of 13
4. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”
4 of 13
5. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.
5 of 13
6. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.
6 of 13
7. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.
7 of 13
8. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”
8 of 13
9. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.
9 of 13
10. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.
10 of 13
11. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”
11 of 13
12. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”
12 of 13
13. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”
13 of 13
23 Tips For Your Mental Health From The Woke Therapist
was originally published on