A man spent more than 500 dollars to purchase over 120 girl scout cookies from 2 girls so they didnt have to stand in the rain. The video ended up going viral. Apparently, it caused attention to Officials resulting in an arrest.
Detric McGowan, is the identified man who gave 500 dollars to the girl scouts. He was arrested Tuesday morning by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
McGowan is accused of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute heroin, cocaine and fentanyl. McGowan allegedly tried to import drugs from Mexico.
Local DEA states that local DEA, McGowan was taken into custody at his home in a rural part of Laurens County, where cash and other assets were seized by U.S. Marshals.
According to 7-News Reporter Kirsten Glavin, McGowan’s arrest was part of a long-term federal drug investigation that began in September 2018 and spanned out of state.
McGowan faced a judge Tuesday afternoon, along with several others who were arrested in this operation.
7 News was also informed that McGowan will have a bond hearing on Friday.
McGowan remains in the custody of the U.S. Marshals.
Based on the indictment McGowan has been charged with the following:
▪ Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute controlled substances.
▪ Conspiracy to import controlled substancesConspiracy to commit bulk cash smuggling ($1,004,665.00).
▪ Interstate travel and transportation in aid of drug trafficking business.
▪ Possession with intent to distribute and distribution of heroin.
▪ Maintaining a drug-involved premise.
▪ Conspiracy to structure transactions to evade reporting requirementThree counts of unlawful use of a communication facility.
Maybe his 500 dollar donation to girls scouts will smooth the judge over a little bit.