At least 24 officers injured in Memphis unrest after U.S. Marshals fatal Shooting Of Brandon Webber


Brandon Webber, a student from the University of Memphis was gunned down by police. According to The Washington post the shooting happened around 7 p.m. Wednesday night in Frayser five minutes from Memphis.

Reports state Brandon Webber was being served multiple felony warrants by the Marshal Service’s Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force and other law enforcement agencies, according to police.

The News of the U.S. Marshals Service officer who had fatally shot a Brandon Webber in Memphis triggered chaotic protests late Wednesday. The protest resulted in property damage and left at least two dozen police officers injured by thrown concrete rocks.

It was stated that Brandon Webber rammed into the marshals’ car with his own car several times and then displayed a weapon. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Keli McAlister, a spokeswoman for the bureau, said in a news conference early Thursday that it was unclear how many marshals had fired at Webber.

The bureau stated in a statement that it would not name any officers involved in the shooting, and the U.S. Marshals Service said it would not release names until all investigations were over. The Memphis Police Department said none of its officers were involved.

Brandon Webber’s cousin spoke out; Demetrick Skinner, and Shelby County Commissioner Tami Sawyer each said that Webber was shot as many as 20 times before dying in his family’s front yard, according to the Daily Memphian. Yolanda Holmes, his aunt, told the Daily Memphian that the family was trying to confirm what exactly happened.

“This is crazy,” Skinner, his cousin, told the outlet.

Earlier on Wednesday night, a man posted a video to Twitter of him confronting police officers who had formed a barricade in the streets.

“My cousin down there, laying in the street!” the man yelled. “Laying in the yard!”

As night fell and news of the shooting began to spread through Frayser, protests broke out, resulting in a standoff between authorities and hundreds of inflamed residents. On one side, police stood shoulder to shoulder holding riot shields. On the other were angry crowds, shouting at officers. Some protesters hurled bottles, rocks and bricks, police said.

In one instance captured on social media, protesters used a chair to smash out the back window of a police car. Another man appears to spit at officers.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here